Author Topic: Leaderboard  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Gametaff

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +0/-0
  • Hi :)
    • View Profile
Leaderboard
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if you have ever planned to make a leaderboard that contains all players stats including toptimes, wins and points. By doing this I'm not blaming the idea of having winners every month, it just would be awesome to keep track of all the points you've gained playing here and would be very interesting as you guys like to compete against each other  :D

I'm taking the idea of DRuG and alw, both sites have leaderboards linked to their servers

To close, this is just a suggestion, what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:16:41 AM by 1thwonder »

Offline WintersuN

• Clanwar Manager
  • Administrator
  • Semi-Pro
  • Yay or Nay +23/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Leaderboard for SiK?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »
The idea is nice and we were already thinking about something similar. The problem is/was that we don't have the scripting skills at the moment.

Here is a related topic: http://www.fullysik.net/index.php?topic=1562.0

But thanks for your suggestion, it's always good trying to improve the server/site.

Offline DemonSeed

• Facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
  • Don't try to force your PC dick down my throat.
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:12:59 AM »
As Winter already said, we have members who dabble in scripting but we do not have any members that are proficient as lua and http (as far as I'm aware).

The second one is available publicly, we used to have it a few years back, it's pretty buggy, not updated anymore and if you do not modify it yourself (we had nobody that could then) you have to upload the database file manually to get updated stats, which is incredibly annoying.
Created by 1thwonder

Offline Giuvannaru91

• [SiK] Member
  • All Pro
  • Yay or Nay +22/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
I say too, have wait  :(

Turtle fast :D
Ty sex :)

Offline Matafix

• Global Moderator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +13/-6
  • Trust me, I am an engineer.
    • View Profile
Re: Leaderboard
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 09:46:45 AM »
BUMP!
My old topic was about the same idea (http://www.fullysik.net/index.php?topic=1562.0) but it has been deleted  >:(
Is it still true that nobody can script ?  :( 
"We have 2 excellent scripters at our disposal"

A small part of this idea is done:
We are able to see toptimes on our website but still it would be nice to see more stats:

For example an ability to check each player stats (now we can do it only ingame by /stats name or F7)
Ranking of players with the most race wins/most races started/most races finished/most cars destroyed etc.
See winners of previous months, I mean: all history of month winners (even from 2014, 2015) not only last month winners and ranking of players with the most wins. Also a ranking of the players who scored the most points druing one month (I remember people used to score 20k points and reach rank 100 :P ), best players druing each year, maybe all points scored etc.
Some kind of leaderboard like Gametaff suggested or something like this: http://highscores.adrenalinex.co.uk/

(click to show/hide)
Rank #1 - Zombie Plague, Son of Mini Missions, MM S2 E2, Caged Warfare, Area 51 Server V4 - 2012.
Playing on SiK, SiK Team Tournament September 2016 winner 
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqQforoCAvykOxuZ67cqQSg

Offline DemonSeed

• Facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Administrator
  • A God
  • Yay or Nay +4382/-4074
  • Don't try to force your PC dick down my throat.
    • View Profile
    • Speed is King
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:51:37 AM »
I think that topic somehow got deleted back when Wonder purged the forums of "useless" topics.

Oh well.......

But I'll ask Male if he can update our current one with your suggestions.
Created by 1thwonder

Offline Malekith

• Nub
  • Yay or Nay +9/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
Hey guys, I've been talking with Demon and yup, I can do all that things without so much problem, I have enough skills from PHP (not really much from LUA, but LUA isn't rly needed there).
The problem is that I don't have so much time now, so the proccess will be slow.

Offline Gametaff

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +0/-0
  • Hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:09 PM »
Hey guys, I've been talking with Demon and yup, I can do all that things without so much problem, I have enough skills from PHP (not really much from LUA, but LUA isn't rly needed there).
The problem is that I don't have so much time now, so the proccess will be slow.

Hey Malekith! It's been a while dude  :D It would be awesome to have such a feature in this server. I like the idea of keeping all the points you have made through the time you have been playing here, I really hope you can make this possible, thanks for your dedication and time ^^