Author Topic: Questionnaire for MTA Racers  (Read 1294 times)

Offline FALTy

• We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +4/-1
  • Goatrance is the essence of life
      • View Profile
      • My YT channel
Questionnaire for MTA Racers
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:42:03 PM »
Hello,

I'm doing a little research on one thing for which results will be published shortly after receiving the needed amount of replies...If you got 3 minutes of a free time and you're willing to participate in something that's totally unnecesary, please fulfill the questionnaire.

https://forms.gle/RJmAVZf6oAwdfEhV9

Offline FALTy

• We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +4/-1
  • Goatrance is the essence of life
      • View Profile
      • My YT channel
Re: Questionnaire for MTA Racers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »
Somehow I just stumbled upon this thread and thought of how much of a bad move it was not to highlight the answers I got from you.

A lil explanation is needed on what was the purpose of this questionnaire. Results of it were meant to be posted as another part of MTA Racing Tutorial, but in the end me, Blade and Waldi decided to cover another topic. Also, lots of things changed meanwhile (with 60 fpses change being the most significant), so the results are most likely not up-to-date.
That's why I decided to post some interesting stuff I got from it here, and when the time comes and I come back to the game for good, I will post another questionnaire with a video followin' it's results.

In total, I got 42 replies. Here are the graphs and interesting facts you can take from it.

#1 Most of keyboard players use membrane keyboards, and this ain't no surprise I suppose. But looking at their nicknames and taking people I consider skilled and very good in-game, I could clearly see they're either going with mechanical keyboard (no matter what switches, mostly Cherry MX Reds, Razer's Greens/Oranges), or low-profiled notebook keyboards. The only exception from it was BurN, whose answer I consider pointing out he's using membrane.

#2 About the binds, there weren't many exceptions from default setup. Most of you have leaning forward / backward bound to LMB/RMB, so they can tap on moto with mouse. LMB serves as the nitro button, too, in many cases. Madmau5 surprisingly accelerates and brakes with mouse. Some guys do not use mouse at all and change their camera view with numpad keys. And that's pretty much everything on it :P

anything