Author Topic: [POLL] Feedback about race_ghost_spectate resource.  (Read 3058 times)

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
[POLL] Feedback about race_ghost_spectate resource.
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »
Hey guys,

Recently I started making a resource which would allow us to spectate the ghost vehicle on maps that have it. But I need your opinions on which camera looks the best. Below are 3 1-minute videos showing each camera mode. Would appreciate it if you reply with your choice here.

First Mode:

Second Mode:

Third Mode:

Fourth Mode:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 01:18:55 PM by MegasXLR »

I love rock/metal/pop but don't mind any other music genre except чалга...that thing sux
I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline Matafix

• Global Moderator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +13/-6
  • Trust me, I am an engineer.
      • View Profile
Re: [POLL] Feedback about race_ghost_spectate resource.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »
None of them.

A player should be able to move his camera (just like you can do when spectating another player).

(click to show/hide)
Rank #1 - Zombie Plague, Son of Mini Missions, MM S2 E2, Caged Warfare, Area 51 Server V4 - 2012.
Playing on SiK, SiK Team Tournament September 2016 winner 
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqQforoCAvykOxuZ67cqQSg

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
None of them.

A player should be able to move his camera (just like you can do when spectating another player).

Well I'm still looking for ways to enable mouse movement. But if it can't be done it's gonna be one of those so better say which you most likely wanna see ^^

I love rock/metal/pop but don't mind any other music genre except чалга...that thing sux
I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline Matafix

• Global Moderator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +13/-6
  • Trust me, I am an engineer.
      • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »
None of them.

Well I'm still looking for ways to enable mouse movement. But if it can't be done it's gonna be one of those so better say which you most likely wanna see ^^

Ability to move your camera would be awesome... but if it can't be done then my favourite point of view is #3. I hope you can improve it because the camera is shaking too much.
Still, better than nothing. Good job.

EDIT: #4 is the best
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:09:41 PM by Matafix »

(click to show/hide)
Rank #1 - Zombie Plague, Son of Mini Missions, MM S2 E2, Caged Warfare, Area 51 Server V4 - 2012.
Playing on SiK, SiK Team Tournament September 2016 winner 
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqQforoCAvykOxuZ67cqQSg

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
UPDATE: A version with moving camera is done. There is just one problem - the camera does not follow the ghost car. This means that when the ghost makes a turn the camera will not stay behind the car: it has to be moved manually. Check OP for video. I'm still looking for a way to have both the free camera movement and to also keep the focus behind the ghost car when mouse is not touched (just like it is in normal spectate mode). Let me know here or on Skype if you want to see #4 instead of an option you've already voted for.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:35:28 PM by MegasXLR »

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline AyyGor

• Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm0123456789
      • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
yeah 4th mode looks the best
ayy lmao.

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »
Hey guys, got some updates on this:

Improvements:
1. Since pretty much everybody who I asked said that #4 is the best I'll release only one version of the resource (it's not ready yet, hold your horses) with camera #4.
2. Camera can be moved freely around the vehicle just like in normal spectating.
3. If you've moved the camera and don't move your mouse for 1500ms (1.5seconds) the camera goes back to the vehicle's rear. Just like in normal spectating mode.
4. You can press Q to look to the left side of the vehicle, E to look to the right side of it and both Q+E - to look at it's front...just like in normal spectating :)
5. When you have a cursor on the screen, a chatbox is open (doesn't matter if it's main, team or admin chat), the console (F8) is open, you're in the main menu (ESC) or the download dialog is shown - the camera won't move around the ghost. It works only when there is nothing from the things I mentioned on your screen.

Bugs:
1. The camera never changes it's Z position. This means that while on a straight road it will look perfect, but if the vehicle goes up or down a hill the camera does not go up or down with it and most times you either see the car's roof or below the GTA textures depending if it's going down or uphill.
2. When you minimize your game and maximize it again the camera is moved and most times shows the ghost car from underneath it, also being underneath the GTA textures.
3. If you move your mouse and then press Q, E or Q+E, when you release whichever combination you've pressed the camera will not go back to the car's rear immediatly like it is in normal spectating but will have a delay of 1500ms (1.5seconds). If you only press Q, E or Q+E it works perfect though. It's a very insignificant bug and I'm not thinking of fixing it, atleast at this point.

That's all, stay tuned and feel free to ask questions if you have any.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:52:57 AM by MegasXLR »

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 03:54:11 AM »
Fixed bug #2 and also added new features as follows:

1. I made race checkpoint markers show infront of the ghost just like it is in normal spectating.
2. I added ghost info at the bottom center of the screen which shows the ghost name (color coded) as well as the ghost's current checkpoint.
3. I added radar blips to the above mentioned ghost checkpoint markers.
4. Ghost checkpoint markers have the arrow inside of them that points to the next marker.
5. If map has corona checkpoints, ghost cp markers will also be coronas, etc.
6. The last cp blip/marker shows as a normal finish icon, as it should be.
7. When the ghost hits the last cp the player spectating it automatically gets put into "spectating" state.
8. I added 3D lines on the surface which highlight the road where the ghost will go a few meters ahead of the ghost vehicle.
9. All checkpoint blips, markers and the route highlights are in white color (you know, ghost - white, heh) so it's more distinct compared to normal ones.
10. All of the things: ghost info, ghost checkpoint markers, ghost checkpoint blips and ghost route highlight can be turned off via commands which get saved into a .xml file so they're saved on reconnect or quit.

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »
Just fixed bug #3 and also made it so that when you start spectating the ghost vehicle all default checkpoint blips and markers become invisible. When you stop spectating the ghost they return back to normal.

The only thing left to fix is bug #1 and I've got a friend who's looking into it. When that gets done it will be ready for release. :)

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline FALTy

• We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls
  • Nooblit
  • Yay or Nay +4/-1
  • Goatrance is the essence of life
      • View Profile
      • My YT channel
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
Oh my friggin God, you'll create a gamemode out of that xd

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »
Oh my friggin God, you'll create a gamemode out of that xd
1205 lines of code until now :D

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

Offline MegasXLR

• [SiK] Racer
  • Administrator
  • Nub
  • Yay or Nay +3/-0
  • Music Lover #1 <3
      • View Profile
      • Classic Racing
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 08:03:17 AM »
New update out: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=15011
MTA finally lets us use setCameraTarget() on 'ped' and 'vehicle' objects as well as 'player' objects. See changelog for details.

I also love cars

PS I'm friendly

anything